الجمعة، مارس 16

(Loneliness (by Sarah Abdelhakim Amer Elsayed

I sit alone amongst a crowd,
And they don’t note or hear,
The silence that I am emitting,
Though it is so clear.

They don’t seem to care at all,
About the weakening of health,
That my body and my mind,
Has overtaken by stealth.

They do not seem to hear my silent cries for attention,
So they give me no compassion,
And as their voices louder grow,
And their laughter louder rings,
My faint head can take no more,
And loneliness overtakes and wins.

Why don’t they care?!
Why don’t they see?!
Why don’t they listen or speak to me?!

None of them seems to mind,
Neither close and neither far,
Sometimes a word is said that’s kind,
But for me, enough, those never are.

I grab a chair restlessly and leave,
To sit by the window where there’s no breeze,
Alone, alone as I am:
Just as I feel amongst them.

No one cares and no one sees,
The turbulence and grief in me.
So I handle it alone,
Just as I have always done…

هناك تعليق واحد: