الجمعة، مارس 16

(Hateful Love (by Bada Yusuf Amoo

Oh hateful love
Why do you embrace my generation?
Who are those that brought you to Blackman’s world?
During the days of our father’s fathers
You are not in Blackman’s world
When virginity of their daughter is a family pride
Which makes the bridegroom owns a debt
Of a full keg of palm-wine
Which he must pay the first morning after their wedding’s night
But today, you train us how to fraud the debt
At the first glance of the beautiful lady

Oh my love, my princess, my Juliet, my queen
When did virginity deprive you of such bridal’s pride?
I mean who was the man that stole your virginity?
I remember the first day I was here
I didn’t met your virginity at home

Oh my love, my mother just told me whom to love
I must follow the trail of my father
His father and his father’s fathers
She says my father met her virginity at home
Though my father had died for justification
Though you might see that as superstition
But superstition is what makes Africa unique
My love, Africa did not exist by fiction

Oh my love, I wish I could marry you
Sorry my love, I want to marry you
If your father want thousand of full palm-wine keg
I will get it for him even though industrialization
Had killed our palm-wine plantation
I will plant other ones in my father’s backyard
Only if you can bring back your virginity
Oh my love, how I wish to marry you
If your father did not only want thousand of palm-wine keg
If your father also want dollars as bride price
I can get him many from my Americans friend
Their fathers have no job than to manufacture dollars
Only if you can bring back your virginity

Oh my love, a hateful love indeed
Come within us at a falling hour
What faith can you build to bring back your virginity?
Should I say that overseas books are liars
That say with faith all things are possible
As long as life still exist
My love, I still love you as long as you exist
Even though, you are no more my love
Your love will still heavy upon my brow
My love, how I wish you bring back your virginity
For I had pledge to uphold Africa heritage
And you also know the implication
For an African to override his mother’s word
African child does not have age of independent
As long as mother breath on earth

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق