الأحد، مارس 10

(Winter (by Yasser Kashef



The sun is almost weak and pale

As clouds deaden its high wail

It is wonderful when rain kisses my head

While everybody is asleep in their bed

It is winter. The thunder is the main soundtrack

The lightening causes the sky a sparkling crack

A leap of faith is born in each and every drop

A dream of eternity in the veins cannot stop

Winter is the smell of rain mixed with dust

A mad storm in the mind may always gust

Its coldness makes the witches blind and dumb

Their fire is quenched and their hands are numb

At night, the moon is surrounded by cotton bales

It roams the sky like pilgrims in white veils

But when I see her eyes, I welcome Spring

My heart overbeats as a bird that likes to sing

She is a nymph with hazel eyes

A fairy that around me always flies

From her aromatic breath warmth is born

She is lithe like a wild rare unicorn

In the presence of the moon, she steals the scene

She is on the throne of my heart. She is my queen

With her, my life is peaceful like Alexandrian streets on Sundays

With her love, the bitter winter becomes a train of sunny days

Winter does not make me a writer or a sonneteer

It only inspires me to describe love, hope and fear

But she is my love and my mighty angelic muse

She is the pure magic that I will never misuse

هناك تعليق واحد: