الأحد، فبراير 17

(Letters and Cards(by Mai Heikal



The same time each year, everything is bright
Whatever the weather, or if its day or night
A spirit of joy just colours the air
And people are happy just for being there
I woke up that day, like I do each year
Looking through my window and seeing clear
How people come together hiding from their pains
Dressed in their smiles for that day again.
And so I have to open that precious box of mine
And stand before my mirror putting on my smile
I also took out that dress I love the most
Its time to be happy, so whatever it costs
Here are my pretty ribbons and my lovely pair of shoes
The same yearly habit I don’t ever loose.
For years that made me happy and dance all day
All around my room, what happened today????
As before I used to believe in that happy ending
But sadly the curtains fell while I was still standing.

And now all I do is just stand and stare
Not hoping or waiting for answers to be there
Just living the time, moving me as it goes

Like moving the ill not to have bed sores...

Forget now!!! It’s a nice day, come on I won’t start!!!
I'll go and check now my letters and cards
"Enjoy every moment" my uncle says
OK I'll try...If that’s what you say
" Missed you a lot...missed our old times"'
Some touching words from an old friend of mine
ha-ha!! My cousin wishes me happiness and joy
and she wishes I'd marry a big fat boy!!!
'' Good health and a life of success and no sorrow"'
" But of course"' that's my boss " don't be late tomorrow"'
"Best of years" , "Best of luck", "Best of days"' "Best of life"'
Thank you all !!!! Now here are the last five
that's from my brother and those are my 3 friends
and a closed one with no name on, OK...wait till the end
ha...ha... how funny!!!! Oh really they are
OK wait and see, what I'll write you in my cards!!

Hmmm ... Now who on earth you might be???
I wonder what...?? OK, I’ll open it and see
It’s still the same day, it’s still the same place
In the letter, similar words wishing me a happy face
But something just happened inside that heart of mine
I never ever thought of, it never came to my mind
As if inside the envelope, there were musical cords
There was the real smile, that was gone, as I thought
And so I started dancing as before in my room
Cause words are really different when they are said by you…

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق