الاثنين، فبراير 25

(Isolation Malady (by A.T. Spathis


In the room

The people are talking

But not to me

A change begins

Spots form on my skin

Not small freckles pale or dark

But large even suntanned ones

Big blotches that form slowly with gentle boundaries

Large smooth skin bands bridge between

Random worlds too far apart

Topological connections deny their separateness

I don dark glasses to hide from the crowd who are blind to me

The linked blotches expand within and without

I cry in agony as the skin pulls itself apart

Hurting me but they do not care

Or listen

The lesions (I see them that way)

Move up my legs in a gradual spiral as the music plays

Taking me back to the beginning, a single cell wrapped in fluid

Somehow the skin thickens leather-like, textured nodules roughen the forming

Of I know not what

And as I age in this eternity of unfolding and creation of an origami structure

The splash of wine wets my limbs to remind me of the journey

An entry to the chaos of chance suggestion and lucky breaks



Plastic deformation takes control and the girl on my left

Seems to see me in a blink between her thoughts of growing together with him

An ache radiates ring-like to capture my skull

Stretching itself away from my body and I feel like a levitating UFO

Floating above them, those who do not see

My neck grows blotches of light and sunset with yellow rivers between

Pushing them apart


The chatter of them and babble give nothing to me

It flows in and out and below, rising closer to me

But what I hear means nothing to me

Until a sound comes from the right of me

I turn and look


In the corner stands another giraffe

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق