الثلاثاء، فبراير 28

(Assassinated Stars (by Enas Khaled Alyaldin

I stared at their faces,
Those assassinated stars that shone
So bright, lighting the dark night's sky,                            
But disappeared at the break of dawn.

While I cried, I heard faint whispers:
"That's what stars do, don't they?
Why are you crying?
Be happy! We found our way.
Rise up fellow Egyptian!
Give up your fears!
How will you see your tomorrow,
When your eyes are wet with tears?

My role was to turn the page,
To a new one, clean and white.
Now comes your turn to draw the future.
Make sure, this time, you do it right.
This is the only way that will make me feel,
That my blood and my soul were not in vain.
I'll know that my voice still echoes,
Although I'm lying there slain.

If life had a rewind button, believe it or not,
I would never press it. How crazy of me!
I'd aim for the fast forward,
Because I saw hope smiling, don't you see?

Oppression has no home in our land.
It's become history, now that we're freed.
No more silence. No more blind eyes.
Freedom and love are our new creed.

So you pay effort as I paid my blood.
Only this way will this nation rise.
I hope my name will always make you strong.
Not crying for me,
But a beautiful EGYPT will truly be my prize."

هناك تعليق واحد: